Lightweight Composite Bicycle DH/BMX Head and Brain Protection
We all crash. Sometimes hard, and sometimes even harder! There is a solution that minimizes the risk of a head and brain injury, however. Get the best helmet you can find that reduces both rotation and impact energy to your head and brain!
The DBX 5.0 Composite helmet offers world-class protection with 360 ̊ Turbine Technology. Turbines are set inside the helmet. This technology has two main advantages, namely the reduction of rotational acceleration to the head and brain and the absorption of energy upon impact at concussion level.
The smaller outer shell volume also helps to reduce rotational acceleration to the head and brain, proving that a smaller shell is better. Our multi-density, V-shaped impact foam is molded directly to the outer shell, enabling us to reduce the outer shell size and still achieve the highest level of impact protection! An unbeaten combination, our helmets make all Leatt riders winners.
Ventilation is another feature most of us cannot get enough of. Well, look no further as our helmets provide ample ventilation and, most importantly, the vents work even at low speeds.
- Composite shell in three sizes
- 360° Turbine Technology
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain
- Reduced Outer Shell Volume
- A 10% smaller shell, transfers up to 20% less rotational forces to the neck, head and brain
- Multi-density, V-shaped impact foam molded directly to the outer shell significantly reduces G-forces transferred to the head and brain
- Fidlock magnetic closure system
- New Dri-Lex® moisture wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable inner liner
- Optimal Neck Brace Compatibility
- Maximized Ventilation Optimized for Off-Road racing and effective even at very low speeds
- Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
- Emergency cheek pad removal
- Hydration ready (with optional hands-free kit)
- Certified and tested to EN1078; US CPSC; ASTM F1952–10
- Lightweight and premium protection
- Weight: from 990g (2.18 lbs)
- #XS (53-54cm – 20 ¾ - 21 ¼")
- #S (55-56cm – 21 5/8 - 22")
- #M (57-58cm – 22 ½ - 22 ¾")
- #L (59-60cm – 23 ¼ - 23 5/8")
- #XL (61-62cm – 24 – 24 ½")
- #XXL (63-64cm – 24 ¾ - 25 1/5")